Editor’s Note: So this morning I realized that I may need some music to pass the time while I waste away in the inevitably long, slow-moving skeins of Obamacrats and McCainiacs leading to the polls. Thankfully, I was able to finagle this mix from our longtime contributor, sometimes-novelist, and Portland “pop culturalist” Greg Bigoni.
His SendSpace link will only be active for oh-so-long, so be sure to get it while you can. We’ve gone ahead and hosted one of our favorite tracks, Janelle Monae’s “Mr. President,” for your listening pleasure. Thanks Greg, we salute you!
1. Stand Up (Let’s Get Murdered) – P.O.S.
2. I’m So Bored with the U.S.A. – The Clash
3. The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song (With All Your Power) – The Flaming Lips
4. Christ For President – Billy Bragg & Wilco
5. Combat Rock- Sleater-Kinney*
6. My Brain Is Hanging Upside Down (Bonzo Goes To Bitburg) – The Ramones
7. The I-Feel-Like-I’m-Fixin’-To-Die Rag – Country Joe McDonald & the Fish
8. Kill the Poor – Dead Kennedys
9. Orange Alert – The Briefs
10. Living In America – The Sounds
11. Freedom of Choice – Devo
12. We Got the Neutron Bomb – The Weirdos
13. Kids In America – Kim Wilde
14. It’s the End Of the World As We Know It – R.E.M.
15. American Idiot – Green Day
16. Start A War – The National
17. Mr. President – Janelle Monae
18. Anthrax - Kimya Dawson
19. Now To War – Guided By Voices
DOWNLOAD THE ELECTION DAY MIX HERE!!!
*Do the knee-jerk bitching about general poppishness or Sleater-Kinney if you gotta, I just like that Carrie Brownstein sings this song with a pinched squeal that makes her sound like a very, very sarcastic Strawberry Shortcake.